Monday, August 25, 2008

Cartoons from the Weekend

Here are two more editorial cartoon that ran on Sunday. The first is my Wisconsin Olympics editorial cartoon.

These are always fun. I like creating imaginary events, and I think these work particularly well. The only problem is, I really don't draw as well when I squish the drawing to fit into this four-panel format. I really like having the whole page to work with, but I guess if I ever want to become a bona-fide stripper (comics you perv), I have to figure out a way to make it work.

The other cartoon is from Sunday's Tampa Tribune.



School has started but parents don't know how to get their kids to school. In order to save money the Hillsborough school district revamped their bus service, which in and of itself is just fine. The problem is they did a lousy job of informing parents and the individual schools of the changes, leaving parents frantically trying to figure how to get their kids to school.

I didn't capture the perspective accurately in this cartoon but that isn't particularly important. I do, however, love the expression on the kids face, and I always enjoy drawing cars flying through the air.

No comments: