Monday, March 22, 2010

Edgewater Bracket


It's in our contract as cartoonists to do a bracket-themed editorial cartoon in March. Well not really, but it feels like that as the editorial cartoon websites are inundated with March Madison cartoons. Some of them are pretty good, some of them pretty lame. I thought this one was pretty funny, but it was hard to fill out all of the slots.

I had about 12 great ideas for matchups, but I needed to fill out 18 slots for a full bracket. I had blank slots on the bracket pretty late into the afternoon on Friday, even after I'd finished drawing the rest of the editorial cartoon.

Luckily, my editor, Scott Milfred, was able to track down Dean Mosiman, the Wisconsin State Journal's city government reporter, to find out who would be an appropriate pairing with "TIF money." Sometimes, it takes a village to draw a funny and accurate cartoon.

No comments: