Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Opening Day



Today the stench of the stale hot dogs and spilled beer will return to the moistened confines of Warner Park. Yes, the Mallards return to the Duck Pond, finally giving poor Brewer fans something to distract them from the train wreck this season is becoming, after a very promising April.

But I personally have little sympathy for the wallowing despair the Brewer faithful. No, I'm a Detroit Tigers fan, and therefore am too preoccupied with my own pity to empathize with anyone else.

Unfortunately, I won't be at the Duck Pond today. My in-laws are coming into town and their not going to pick themselves up from the airport.

So to those of you out there who do make it up to Warner Park, stay out of the Duck Blind, but drink a beer for me nonetheless.

Maybe next year, I'll make it to the ballpark, wearing my "Detroit Tigers 2008 World Champions" T-shirt, underneath my "Milwaukee Brewers 2008 NL Champions" sweatshirt. One can only hope.

Play Ball!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: