Thursday, May 29, 2008

Mosquitoes

Well, depending on the angle of the sun, it's just about warm enough to wear shorts here in Madison which means that it just about warm enough for everybody's favorite insect to hatch and devour any exposed skin.

You see, in Madison, mosquito season is a whole lot like summer, except it can be longer. Add in these $4 a gallon gas prices and one almost misses shoveling snow. And thus today's editorial cartoon.



This isn't the world greatest cartoon (it probably won't be included in my next submission to the Pulitzer Committee), but it sure was fun to draw. I really like how natural the hand looks, and my wife is still grossed out by the mosquito. I guess I must be doing something right, if I can intentionally draw something that physically repulses people.

No comments: